ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avent Steamer / blender vs Beaba Babycook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ishka View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avent Steamer / blender vs Beaba Babycook
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:54pm
Hi ladies,

I'm just about to start weaning my DD. Thought I would invest in either the Avent Steamer / blender or Beaba Babycook this time round. With my DS whose now 3 I used the 'old fashion' method of stove top, pots & pans & food processor. This time round time is of an essence & thought either of these gadgets would save me some time.

Not sure which is 'better'. Happy for some feedback. I've seen some comments re the Avent that u can't make big batches at a time, but that's probably not too much of an issue as last time I did large batches but was always running out of freeze space!!

Anyway what are your preferences?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Ayisha
bels78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bels78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 2:58pm
Hi Ayisha,

I have the Avent steamer. It is great as you can do it all in one appliance. You cant make really big batches (ie enough to fill a wein meister) but because it is so quick and easy (and you cant ruin anything), it doesnt take long to make enough batches to fill a wein meister. A couple of hours using it can make food for up to a week. My DD has now moved onto mashed food but I still use it to steam food before I mash and if you are blending, you can control how much you blend.

It has been one of my best purchases. Friends that have seen me use it cant believe how easy it is to make baby food!

I didn't look at the babycook so cant help you there.

Good luck - hope the above helps.

Belinda
Matilda's Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matilda's Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 3:09pm
Hi there

I have the Avent too and it's awesome! One of things I like is that it can blend super smooth, something that my bigger mixer cant do.

Regards
Alison
Ishka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 7:57pm
Thank you so much Belinda & Alison for your responses. Has helped with my decision. Will go the Avent. Love Tizzie's online shop and super fast delivery!!!

Thanks again!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image