ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baby clothing while sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashleigh View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby clothing while sleeping
    Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:51pm
Our house does not have aircon and at night it can range from 23-29 degrees I am confused as to what to dress my baby in - currently he is in a bonds singlet body suit and a muslin wrap (it is about 25 degrees). Later in the night I may add a bamboo blanket and we have the fan on - any help would be great
bester View Drop Down
SOS Gold Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:55pm
Hi Ashleigh

Here is a link to the bedding guide that you can purchase and download and start using straight away!  http://shop.saveoursleep.com.au/ecms/product.asp?cid=2465&pid=26811

It is set out with suggested clothing and bedding for different temperatures in different parts of Aust (and some other countries)  Its a great starting point, but you may find that you need more or less than the guide suggests, but you will work it out with trial and error. 

The document has lots of info and is set out in different sections for different age babies as their needs are different.

Good luck with everything

Nic 
Ashleigh View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:13pm
Thanks Nic - I have downloaded the guide and found it very helpful. I still have a couple more questions for someone living in Perth what tog would you recommend for the babygro. Would you recommend the sleeping bag on the website or just the babygro brand? And according to the guide there still seems to be a lot of extra blankets required - are these all covering the baby?
Sorry to be so anal - but some further clarification would be great.

Thanks Ash
bester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 6:34pm
Hi Ash
yep, babies need lots of clothes and blankets to feel snug and sleep well - you re not alone thinking that the amount in the guide seems alot - but be aware that nearly every mum on the forum actually has used many more than the guide at times.   Last winter with heating going 24/7 (to keep the room above 20C) I was also using a 1 tog bag, DOUBLEWRAP, and at times 6 - 12 blankets.

I would suggest that you follow the guide. It depends on how old your baby is and if you are still wrapping, what tog bag you need.  You need to be aware that the guide is written around the Bubbaroo bags, so if you use another brand, firstly make sure that they are safe by following all the checks that Tizzie advises and you may need to adjust what bedding you need to use to accommodate it.

I personally have been a little concerned with the 2.5 tog bags as they contain some polyester (with cotton covering it) and I make a point of using only cotton or bamboo for my son's clothing and bedding. However I have been using one for a few weeks now and have had no problems with his mild eczema.  

As I said before, the bedding guide is a guide and a good starting point. You need to have a reliable thermometer and start following the guide, and adjust as your baby needs.

Nic
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:01pm
Hi Ladies:

Just to confirm with the 2.5 tog bags - they do contain a polyester fill but Tizzie has looked at the polyester very closely and it is a particularly high grade of polyester that she has tested and is very happy to recommend and use. If however you prefer to only use cotton or bamboo then you can use the 1.0 tog sleeping bag but you will need to add extra layers of blankets to compensate.
emma1234 View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
Hey Ashleigh,

On the off chance that your child is wearing a nappy, vest and sleepsuit, he'll just need a sheet as bedding if the temperature in his room is 24 degrees C. On the off chance that regardless he appears to be hot, it's fine for him to rest in his vest or simply his nappy. On the off chance that you co-lay down with your infant a similar guidance applies, however ensure your own particular sheet material is well far from him consistently.

~Natalie~ View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Moderator
Save Our Sleep Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Natalie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 7:51pm
Hi Emma

Thank you for your post although you will find that most members on this thread are not longer active members so will not be receive your reply.

Please note that for safety reasons Tizzie does not recommend co-sleeping and that all bedding and clothing should be followed from the bedding guide.

Kind regards,
Natalie 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image