ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bambi Cottina Cotton Blanket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ljf001968 View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljf001968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bambi Cottina Cotton Blanket
    Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:05pm
Hi Save Our Sleep® ® crew,

I wasn't sure where to post with this as it's not a review as such, just a query regarding the new Bambi Cottina Cotton Blanket for a single bed.

I'm thinking of getting an extra blanket for the winter.  Although my LO is well off moving to a big bed, I thought this blanket would suit us now and for later.  But then I see that this same brand does a 100% cotton quilt.  It is also pictured with the cotton blanket in the Save Our Sleep® ® online store. 

I know Tizzie says a duvet is ok to use in the big bed.  But just clarifying what a duvet exactly is??  Is that the same as a quilt, also sometimes called a doona??  I know they all called something different, depending which country you grew up in probably!!

But does Save Our Sleep® ® know anything about this Bambi cotton 'quilt'??  Or maybe are they considering stocking it?  Alot of quilts/'continental quilts', as they have also been called, are polyester filled and my partner HATES them coz he gets too hot.  So I'm guessing polyester filled quilts/duvets might be best avoided, too?? 

Hope I haven't caused confusion with the quilt/duvet/doona business!  Look forward to hearing the good oil from the teamWink
thanks

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:15am
Hi Lucy:

Firstly - yes you could use this blanket now and in the future. When using it in the cot you would just need to fold it in half just like you do the cot blankets when you have new born.

Second - yes this brand does do a 100% cotton quilt - I am sorry about the confusion with the picture but it was the only one the manufacturer could send us. A Duvet, quilt and doona are all the same thing - yes depends what you call it as to where you gre up LOL

We have not yet considered stocking the quilts as they are quite big and bulky items and we need to consider how we would go about sending these but as for this brand we have been very impressed so far with their 100% cotton mattress protectors and the single bed blanket so this would likely be a good quilt for you to consider to purchase when making your choice. Once your child is in a bed it is really personaly preference as to which type of quilt/duvet you would like to use unless your child has allergies and then we suggest you consult with your childs doctor about what may be best.

Cheers,
Kay
ljf001968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljf001968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 6:17pm
excellent, thanks KaySmile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image