ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bamboo or bamboo cotton blankets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babym View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bamboo or bamboo cotton blankets
    Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 6:39pm
I'm a little confused on the online shop the bamboo blanket and cotton cellular blanket have the same togs yet I've read on here people saying the bamboo is warmer? Doesn't the tog tell you there warmth? So aren't they the same? Sorry for the confusion!
Jools View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:51pm
Hi

Both of the blankets in the online store contain bamboo. The cotton celluylar is a 50/50 cotton bamboo mix. They are both the same warmth rating. SO either is fine to use. The main differences is the bamboo one is much softer and feels a little heavier which some bubs like.

When you see people in the forums talking about cotton blankets not being as warm as bamboo they are referring to plain cotton blankets. Most plain cotton are only around 1/3 the warmth of blankets containing bamboo

I hope that clears things up for you

Catherine
Guests View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 8:32pm
Just reading this post and realise it's old but would appreciate it if I could still get clarity on my question please.

If I have a plain cotton cellular blanket as part of the bedding in my baby's cot, what is the tog rating and is it still deemed ample enough to be classified as one layer according to Tizzie's recommendations?

Thanks

Jools View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:02am
It would still be classified as a layer. I can't give you an exact tog rating but it would be around 1/3 the warmth of the bamboo and bamboo cotton as mentioned above.

If you require more help then I would suggest customerservice@saveoursleep.com for product enquires or joining the forums for more help with your babies sleep and bedding etc.

Catherine
kaasha2003 View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaasha2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 9:26pm
Hi Catherine

As there is sooo many choices on the site which is best? Is the 100% bamboo too heavy to be used in summer?
Jools View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:35am
Hi

The Save Our Sleep® ® 100% bamboo or 50/50 bamboo cotton are the same warmth so both are fine. The main difference is the bamboo is much softer (although i find the 50/50 still so nice) and the 100% bamboo has a bit more weight to it and some babies like the weight for security. Both are fine all year round. The 50/50 is a more economical choice if you are needing lots as most babies do 

I hope that helps
Catherine
kaasha2003 View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaasha2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:09am
Thankyou

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image