ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corrected age or actual for routine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alli View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corrected age or actual for routine?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm
When choosing a routine do I choose it for my baby, who was premature, his corrected age or actual age? He was born at 35 weeks so it's either the 5 week or 9 week routine which are very different. I have read the book cover to cover and this is not addressed.
Briony View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Online Advice Member
Save Our Sleep Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 6:26pm
Hello :)
I would be interested to hear what Tizzie's team has to say and their experience on this. I have two premmies - one born at  34 weeks and one at 36 weeks. I found that they followed corrected age for a while and then they caught up and both ended up ahead of actual age on the routines. This happened at around the 4-6 month mark. I started my second from birth, but my first we started at 3.5 months actual age and we started with the 4-6 week routine and moved up every two weeks as advised in the book until I found the routine that worked for him.
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 6:27pm
Hi Alli

This might help you it is in the book on page 163 

WHEN IT COMES TO ROUTINES

As mentioned previously, many multiple babies are not carried to full term so are often born smaller than usual. If your babies are born early and you are breastfeeding them, I suggest you use my one- to two-week breastfeeding routine (page 165) as a guide until your babies are over 3 kg and two weeks corrected age before advancing to my next routine. If you are bottle-feeding with breastmilk or formula, I suggest you use my newborn to two-week routine (page 173) until your babies are over 3 kg and two weeks corrected age. When they do reach this goal, follow each routine for two weeks unless they are catnapping or having short sleeps which indicates that they are ready to move to the next routine. Please see page 187 for more information on this. Once you reach the ten-week routine, your next change of routine will be when you start your babies on solids.

I hope this helps. 

Alli View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 10:05pm
Thanks for the reply, so just to clarify from the information in the paragraph you have provided - as my baby is over 3kg and is over two weeks corrected age I should still start on the newborn to two week routine. So my 9 week (actual age) 5 week (corrected age) will be starting on the newborn to two week routine? 
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:24pm
Hi Alli

Please start on the newborn to two weeks and if your baby catnaps the next day try the 2 to 4 weeks routine and again if your baby catnaps move to the 4 to 6 weeks routine and stick with it for at least a week. 

From Tizzie

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image