ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Darragh - Foogo - Leak Proof Food Jar - 290ml - Pi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darragh - Foogo - Leak Proof Food Jar - 290ml - Pi
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:40pm

Darragh - Foogo - Leak Proof Food Jar - 290ml - Pink/Purple

Darragh - Foogo - Leak Proof Food Jar - 290ml - Pink/Purple

The Foogo Leak proof food jar has a Vacuum insulated, stainless steel inner and outer which helps keeps food fresher for longer (hot or cold)

The Food jar is very easy to fill, eat from and clean due to the wide mouth

Vacuum Insulated, Stainless Steel Inner and Outer - Keeps contents fresher for longer. (Hot or Cold)

Unbreakable Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior.

Wide Mouth is easy to fill, eat from, and clean.

Dishwasher safe

Exterior stays condensation free.

Non Slip, Scratch Resistant Base.

Cool to the touch with hot foods.

BPA Free

Tizzie loves the Foogo range of leak proof food jars as they are fantastic to taking food out and about for you baby and toddler and keeping it either warm or cold! The Foogo Food Jar keeps food warm for up to 5 hours and even longer if you pre heat the food jar with boiling water before you fill it!

Available in Blue/Yellow and Pink/Purple as shown

kimberley View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:15pm
HI,

Does anyone have one of these food jars? And if so, can you tell me if it has been a worthwhile purchase? Does it keep the food warm enough so that it is a safe temperature (not allowing bacteria to form etc)?

Would love to know your thoughts!

Thanks Kimberley

bester View Drop Down
SOS Gold Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm

Kimberley

they are fantastic - one of the best things I have bought!!!

I heat twice with boiling water - not sure why, but my parents always did that with thermos's.  So put boiling water in, leave it sit for awhile, then reboil the kettle, empty the foogo and refill with boiling water for another few minutes.

While I am doing this I then heat the food to the normal serving temp or perhaps slightly warmer, and then empty the water and immediately put the puree in.

On a few occasions, I have actually pulled it out and its been a little too warm (must have over heated the food that day and used it within say 30min)  so you must check the temp before serving as you normally would! 

I always use the foogo for savoury, even if going to a friends house up the street.  I normally serve Xaviers fruit in the Avent storage cups, so often just take the frozen cubes in the cup and heat where ever I am in the microwave as its a smaller portion.  I have taken a foogo with just boiling water about 1/2 full and then when I needed to feed, poped in the avent cup so it sat in the water and heated the fruit that way.  Once we started using 4 qubies of fruit puree it seemed a more reasonable amount to actually put in the foogo so now take both out and about.

I don't think you could go wrong with them.  I have acutally had a girlfriend ask me to order her one for her daughter to take soup to school for her lunch so you will find a use for them for many years to come.

Happy shopping in the online store - I always find it hard to get out with just what I went in there to buy!

Nic
bester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 12:25pm
Oh and forgot - I generally try to avoid taking things with dairy in them just in case IYKWIM, but do often take Tuna Mornay which has both formula and cheese in the white sauce and never had any food issue.

Nic
Leo's Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo's Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 12:49pm
I have one too and it is great!!

I actually put Leo's lunch in it on days that he goes to his great grandmas. She doesn't understand heating things properly, so he either has to have packet food, or lunch from this.

So I would put it in at about 8am, and it is still warm at 11am! I do heat the food up quite a bit to get it through to then tho!

Awesome investment!

A
sparra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 1:21pm
Must be a country thing Nic as I do exactly what you do to get it warm before putting food in it!!!LOL
Kimberley, they are great, so are the sipper cups as they keep the water cool all day in summer and I am a bit paranoid about plastic ones in the hot car as they say it is not good for anyone.
I have the straw one and the sipper cup one and I even have a really nice straw one for myself that is much larger and has a really nice pattern on it...made for adults but by the same company.
Bron
PS...when are you two going to update your sigs!!! Surely they have changed by now!!!Wink

Leo's Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo's Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 1:30pm
My child never changes!! =P

Not sure that I could fit my 15kg boy into a sig these days!

With my next purchase I will get a sig done, just for you Bron hehehehe!!

A
bester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:35pm
Im torn between wanting to change it and not wanting to loose the lovely one I currently have!!!

I don't think you have changed yours since I have been a member BTW so if we have to, you do as well  -   but DON'T cause I love that one.   LOL perhaps we will have to get Bella to do the same sig background with newer photos - what do you guys think!

Nic
kimberley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:17pm
Thanks girls for your informative answers!!!!

Will be putting in another order! Wish I had one of these for Eva a couple of years ago!!

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 4:25pm

THESE JARS LOVE THEM, they were the best thing on the trip to Ireland, I would fill the pot with boiling hot water to make Cillian up his 6 pm feed on the flight. Now he is having formula at 11 am as well I take the water out at the exact temp in it and use it to make the bottle up.

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

mummyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 8:45pm
I agree with all the positive comments already posted.
I love this product. So worth the price.
U won't be disappointed
LIV
sparra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 3:41pm
I was like that with my last sig Nic......Bella did this gorgeous one and I didn't want to part with it so she re-did it but with newer photos and it looked just as good....however she threw a spanner in the works and also did me a brand new one with the same photos (which is the current one) and said I could choose I loved the new one so much I said goodbye to the old one....she is rather talented at doing all these gorgeous sigs!!!
Anyway ......might do the same and see if I have some new photos...although he really hasn't changed all that much in the last year....not as much as he did in the first anyway.
LOVE Amie's new one....Leo is sooo cute!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image