ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EasyPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EasyPC
    Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 6:09pm
Hi,

Does the easy PC need batteries to operate or do you plus it into an outlet? 

Thanks

xx
mummyc View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 11:31am
What software does the starter pack include if any?
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 11:48am

Hi Ladies:

The PC comes with the 'first steps' software which is designed for age 1-3 Beginners

The PC plugs into your laptop or computer so no it does not need batteries but below are the minimum requirements it needs to operate -

Here is link to a You tube segment on the Easy PC - LINK

Minimum computer system requirements for the Easy PC system:
  1. Processor: 800MHz and above
  2. OS: Microsoft Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP
  3. Memory: 128 MB RAM available memory
  4. Hard Disk: At least 30 MB free space
  5. CD-ROM Drive: x 4 and above
  6. USB port
  7. Additional requirements: Sound card, colour display and speakers

Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 1:14pm
Hi Kay,
Thanks for that. I would love to buy it, or something like it, but I have a Mac.... 

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 1:29pm
Hi Maysaa:

Sorry I forgot to mention that the pc and the 'first steps' softward is compatible with a Mac and by Christmas time the other software should also be Mac compatible.
Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 9:03am
really? Fantastic!

So it uses the pc to run, as other products brands (fisher price etc) you need to actually insert 6 batteries or so....

Hannah's birthday is coming.... but my computer is in a study so it is not so close to me.

Do you have many in stock?
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:10am
Yes it uses a PC to run - or a laptop - If you have a laptop that might make it a bit more portable for you.

Yes we have quite a few in stock but as our newsletter with it has just gone out I can't guarentee how long that stock will last but we can get more stock easily.
kts79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kts79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:29am
I think I know what Phoenix is getting for Christmas! I work in IT so am always on the computer... he always tries to copy me, this way he can do it without causing any damage LOL!!!
Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi Kay,

As you know I have purchased the easyPC.

I am still a little unsure, do i need to buy any extra software? Or does the software it comes with adapt to my mac?

thanx

Just clarifying!!
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 6:21pm
Hi Maysaa:

The software it comes with is Mac compatible - you will just need to wait until around Christmas time before the other software titles are Mac compatible as well. Of course if you have any troubles at all please let us know and we will do our best to help you out :)
mummarhirhi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummarhirhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 6:26pm
Hay Maysaa please let us know how you go with the Easy PC and your mac, we have a Mac too!!

how is your sister going in Dubai ?

Rhiannon

Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 10:00am
Hi Rhiannon!

I will definitely let you know how I go. Do you struggle to find compatible things for macs too?! Mind you, it is the first time I have thought about buying such a thing!

As for my SIL, she's doing OK. As you know it got unbearable (45 deg) but she perservered. The only thing is her son is now a tummy sleeper. He flips and wants his tummy.

So GOOD of you to remember me and our plight.
So lovely :)
How is Oscar?
xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummarhirhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 10:27am
Hi Maysaa

Yes we have the same probs w the Mac... wouldnt swap it for the world though - love my Mac!!!

We are averaging around 39-45 at the moment - pretty hot and sticky. The funny thing is the humidity makes the temperature in Oscars room warmer at night than in the day. Oscar is going well (11 months this week - my boy is growing up) ... Oscar has also just decided to sleep on his tummy and side... does she have him in a 1 or 2.5 tog sleeping bag and blankets etc ? interesting....

Look forward to your feedback w the Easy PC (there wasnt a computer in my house till i was 10 Smile, times have changed)

Take care
Rhiannonxx
Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:12am
Hi Rhiannon,

forgive me for not writing earlier.

Yes we did receive the easypc and after a slight hiccup, we worked it on our Mac. Rhiannon, it is BRILLIANT!

Even I am mesmorised when the program speaks.. the picture is so clear and very baby/child friendly.

Hannah looks identical to Darragh in that pic - staring up at the screen with her fingers pointing on the keyboard.

It is really brilliant, although my daughter doesn't have a long attention span, it still helps :)

Hope that's enough info for you, ask away :) Is Oscar behaving?

xxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummarhirhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 8:21pm
Hi Maysaa

So good to hear that it is such a sucess, so funny that Hannah looks just like Darragh - computer obsessed!

I will look into one in the near future.

Oscar is just great, except for our issue w ER, but all good.
Hope all is well w you.
take care
R
ljf001968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljf001968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:07pm

Hi Kay and Maysaa,

just reading through the requirements to run the EasyPC and need clarification on whether you need a separate monitor/screen?  My DH and I both have laptops, but no desk top. 

I sort of had visions of us all using our PCs separately, rather than tying up one of our laptops for her to use the EasyPC system.  Or does it come with a screen?  Probably, not at that price, eh?  Sorry, dumb questions, but wondering how it all works.Confused

thanks

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
Hi Lucy:

You need either a laptop or a PC to plug the EasyPC into so in essence it would take up one of your laptops. Hope that clarifies it for you ;)
ljf001968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljf001968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:52pm
Yes, thanks, Kay.

Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:54pm
Never a silly question Lucy!

Was just writing but master Kay beat me to it Wink

xx
Maysaa View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maysaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 4:07pm
Hi Kay,

I am curious if the Easy PC have introduced new 'games' or software for the mac??

Hannah has mastered the game we have.
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 9:04am
Not as yet Maysaa, I do have our distributor looking into it but he has come back with no firm date as to when the company are releasing anymore. have you increased the level hannah is playing at to hardest one?
kimberley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:33pm
HI,

Just wondering if anyone who purchased the EasyPC can give me some feedback on the product. We are looking at purchasing one for Eva, who is 2. Eva loves the computer and has quite a good understanding of how it works. I am a teacher and have a few programs on the computer which she does with me, but they are for 5-7yr olds so she isn't able to sit and do it independently. Am looking for something to keep her a bit more occupied while I feed my one month old (Eva can be a handful at this time).

Does your LO still use it? Does it keep them engaged for long? Are they able to sit and do it without adult assistance?

DH and I have looked at the Comfy website and watched the demos. I thought it was cute but wasn't overly excited or impressed by it, looked like it would get a bit boring after a while (I am sure it doesn't but just initial impressions that we got).

Any thoughts on the product are very very much appreciated!

Kimberley

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 12:22pm
Hi Kimberley:

This is my completely unbiased opinion of this product. I have a 3 year old and a 5.5year old (who is at school). I LOVE this computer and so do both of my children. There are many activities to do on each of the software games and it keeps them occupied for ages! They can certainly use it independantly and get  much pride out of being able to do so. They also work very well together when they both want to play it. I can put on a more difficult software title and my older child helps my younger which I think it is fantastic.

It would certainly keep your toddler amused while you feed your newborn. There are also many many different softward titles available so you an add to your selection from time to time.

Hope that helps:)
kimberley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 1:39pm
Thanks heaps for that feedback Kay :)

I just wanted to get an opinion from someone who has been using it for a while so I really value what you have written. Eva is such a handful at the moment so I think we will be ordering one! Just have to wait til DH gets paid next...

Kimberley

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:12pm
You're Welcome :)
pandagibson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandagibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 12:53pm
Can I ask if the Easy PC is compatible with Windows 7?
~Nicole~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Nicole~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:25am

HI Pandagibson:

Yes the easy Pc is compatible with wondows 7, However if  you experience the games  not loading correctly please contact us at Customerservice@saveoursleep.com.

All the best

Nicole

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image