ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting bub to sit in the tummy tub??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum22 View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting bub to sit in the tummy tub??
    Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 6:15am
Hi everyone.
Not sure where to post this strange question! I just bought a Tummy Tub which I love from the online store. I love how much water it saves but I can't get my 6.5 month old it sit in it. He doesn't cry, scream, or find being in it distressing, he just wants to stand and smiles at me when I tell him to sit! Has anyone got any tips on how to get them to sit in it??
Thanks in advance.
Laila.

Abbie&Rylensmum View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbie&Rylensmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 12:02am
Hi Laila:

Have you tried Tizzie's approach of saying - "If you stand up in the tummytub you will be asking Mummy to take you out and bath time will be over, Mummy doesn't want to take you out but if you stand up again Mummy will take you out" Then sit him down again. If he stands up, bath is over until the next night. It shouldn't take too long for him to realise he needs to sit down. You just need to be really consistent and follow through with taking him out. Also don't then let him sit in a normal bath as he needs to realise to get his bath he needs to sit down in his tummy tub.

Hope that helps!
mum22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 1:21am

The problem is that I can't get him to sit down in the first place. Should I just take him out if he won't sit down? I'll give it a go. Thanks for the advice!

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 2:30am
Hi

I used to say to Darragh bend your knees and I would not put him in until he bent his knees up. It seemed to work. You could try holding him over the tummy tub and saying knees up and see if it works. You could show him bend knees knees up while he is on his back at play time.

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

mum22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 3:56am
Thanks for the advice Tizzie. I'll give it a try.
Laila

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 5:12am
Good luck keep us posted!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image