ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Home help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Samantha View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Home help?
    Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 1:05pm

Thank you Tizzie for your wonderful books. Save Our Sleep® worked so well for my now  two year old son Baily and we have really enjoyed reading the toddler book. He is such a good sleeper and such a happy boy.  

I have recently had a second Son Angus who is now 4months and we are having a lot of trouble getting him onto the programs.

He has struggled with sever reflux which was left undiagnosed for quite some time and is now finally being medicated but unfortunately I feel that it has compromised his sleeping and he has trained himself to only sleep for 15-45min during his day time sleeps. I am very concerned that he is not able to self settle and that his sleeping at night will begin to get worse.

This has all been very challenging for the family and I would like to seek some help from someone who can come to our home and help me to resolve the issues. I have no idea where to find a private sleep consultant and would prefer if its someone who supports Tizzies routines. Are you able to suggest someone up here is Sydney that could be of assistance?

Kind regards

Sam

~Nicole~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Nicole~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 8:32pm

Hi Samantha:

Thankyou for your post and welcome to the Save Our Sleep® online advice area. We are very pleased to hear that the routines worked well for you son and that you have enjoyed reading the toddler book, however Save Our Sleep® no longer offers  home visits to solve problems, we have found a faster and cheaper option for help is Save Our Sleep® online advice. You will be pleased to hear that 98 % of our clients solve their sleep issues from seeking advice from Tizzie, the Save Our Sleep® team and the parents in the on line advice area. The other 2 % need a face to face consult of home visit to solve their problems. This is the first step before a clinic stay or a home visit.

The Save Our Sleep® online advice area offers a friendly, supportive online community where parents and Tizzie help other parents with baby advice. You can chat to other parents, carers and friends with similar parenting styles, and ask your questions there. You may also find your question is already covered in previous forum threads.

Once you join our friendly community you will be amazed at how fast you solve your problems and make friends

The Save Our Sleep® online advice area is closely monitored and any incorrect or misleading advice is corrected. There are two membership options being a full membership or a READ ONLY membership. The annual fee for these memberships enables Save Our Sleep® to continue offering this baby advice service and to maintain a safe online community for all parents.  To join the online advice area please Click Here

However before you pick either of these we suggest you read Tizzie’s bedding guide because we have found addressing a baby’s bedding can solve 70 % of sleep problems other factors relating to sleep can be hunger and not enough awake time.. We can explore these factors more in the advice area if you join or with Tizzie via a consult.

All the best

Nicole

Samantha View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 12:52pm

Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for your reply.

After posting on the site I decided to go back to the original ‘save out sleep’ book and get back to the basics.

I had swapped Angus into a new swaddle (with zip) as he was breaking out of the other ones (Velcro) and I thought he was waking himself up, however it turns out he was self settling by sucking his fingers and now that I have switched him into a sleep bag and ditched the swaddle he is sleeping much better. He is also one week off turning 4 months so I made the decision to start solids and this has not only helped his reflux but he is happy and sleeping more during the day and the night. So Thank you again Tizzie for your amazing books. And if anyone else out there is struggling I recommend going back to basics and re reading the book. Especially if its not your first baby – so quickly we forget! Thanks.  

~Nicole~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Nicole~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 7:50pm
 Hi Samantha:

It is a pleasure. I am glad to hear that going back to basics help your situation, well done and keep up the great parenting.

All the best

Nicole

~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:24pm
Hi Samantha:

It is great to hear you are doing better - I just wanted to pop in and mention that Tizzie does not recommend any swaddles with zips, or velcro so it is great that you stopped using them but just for anyone else reading this I needed to point this out.

Also just to confirm with the solids Tizzie recommends you introduce them between 16 to 18 weeks so you have probably not started too early and it is great to hear it has helped your baby both sleep wise and with his reflux.

Keep up the great parenting :)

Victoria View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:31am
Hi there
just a quick question
i am going to folow the breast feeding guide from 2 weeks as im breastfeeding and expressing.

when i express the 90 ml from 6.40 am i can put it in the fridge for the 6 pm feed, can i also add the milk of the 9.40am from the 6.40am feed and feed it to her at the 6pm feed or not??

i want my husband to do the 6pm feed from my express bottle but how much do you give ?? just the 90lm or can i put 90ml two times for the 6pm feed??
~Catherine~ View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Moderator
Save Our Sleep Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Catherine~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Hi Victoria

It is fine to pop both expressing amounts in the fridge and then once the same temperature you can add them together and use for the same bottle 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Save Our Sleep® ® Online Advice. This in an area to say thank you to Tizzie, the Save Our Sleep® ® team and the other members of the forums, and unfortunately not a place where you can seek advice for your baby, toddler or family.

To be able to guide you accurately we need lots of very detailed information, so we do need to ask that if you would like some support and advice that you become a member. The Save Our Sleep® ® ® Online Advice is an area where parents are able to come for support from the Save Our Sleep® ® Coaching Team and as a member you are able to post any questions you have, and you may also find your question is already covered in previous forum threads which you have access to read through. We do offer a 1 month read only subscription which means that you can read through posts but not actually post or ask questions if this is something you feel would work better for you than a full subscription.

Here is a link to the membership information for you to consider https://shop.saveoursleep.com.au/category/1805/ .

I will now lock this topic. If you have further questions about memberships please email info@saveoursleep.com .

Kind regards,

Catherine

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image