ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

itroducing ANYWAY UP cup for 12mo.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Little Joshy View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: itroducing ANYWAY UP cup for 12mo.
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 2:23pm
Hi not sure where this would be best to post...

Just bought an anyway up cup and am trying to get my nearly 13 month old boy to drink water from it.

He loves his current heinz sippy cup as has been drinking from it since prob about 5 months of age. However I cant use it in his cot as it leaks heaps as well as leaking in my bag etc.

I love, absolutely love the anyway up cup and have tried drinking from it- and didnt find it hard at all to suck the water out but the prob is that becasue it doesnt drip out as his old cup does,  he doesnt know how to get the water out? he could easily suck it if he only knew that he needed to. 

Is there anyone else that has introduced the anyway up cup later on and had problems teaching their lo to suck it??

I really want my boy to drink from it instead of just biting it!!!

THanks,
Naomi

bester View Drop Down
SOS Gold Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 4:19pm
Hi Naomi

is it the one that Tizzie also sells the replacement lids?  the method that many mums have had success with is to "doctor" the valve with something to let the water drip through, and when they get the hang of drinking from the cup, replace with a new lid

Nic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:01pm
clever idea Nic!! thanks for that.

yes it is the same one- the beaker I think its called.
Do you know if I can buy the lids in store somewhere or get them from the Save Our Sleep® ® shop like I got the cup? Just seems like a waste to get such a small thing with postage when I dont need anything else at  the moment.

bester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:54am
Not my idea - but happy to pass it on!

perhaps email customerservice@saveoursleep.com and see if they are able to just charge the actual postage - you never know unless you ask!!

Nic
mummyof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:05pm
Thanks Naomi as I wanted to ask this same qn. So doctor the lid it will be:)

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:32pm

Hi Girls:

Before you doctor the lid please try this: When you pop the lid on the cup after you have filled it you need to be pressing down firmly on the oval shape on the lid to release the air? You should do this a couple of times. If you do this you should find that your little one will be able to get water out.

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:54pm
bummer!! already made a small hole in it!!! thanks for that tip though tizzie.

My LO is now drinking from the cup normally. I am going to get a replacement lid and hope he will know now to continue  to suck the teat to get the water out. will have to do the little trick you suggested to see if this will help.

BTW its great when you buy something on the promise of its advertisement and it actually does deliver! Cant believe it really doesnt leak at all.

Thanks,
Naomi 

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 8:30pm
Hi Naomi:

Just pick consolidate when you order the lids so you don't have to pay shipping. I will let the girls know.

Tizzie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 1:51pm
thanks so much for that kind gesture Tizzie- really appreciate it!
just bought the lids now.

:)
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 10:51pm
You are welcome Smile !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image