ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OUT & About with 11 Month old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alanawilson1990 View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanawilson1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUT & About with 11 Month old
    Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 6:46am
I began the lay down approach one week ago and my daughter has been sleeping through the night since the first day we started. 
I have made sure I'm home for all her scheduled naps but now am wanting to get out and about on the routine.. 
Previously, the only way I've got her to sleep whilst out is breast feeding her to sleep... Occasionally she will fall asleep in the car but the only reliable way for me to get her off has been to breast feed her to sleep.. How do I get her to sleep in her pram whilst out at a shopping centre etc ??
Alana Wilson
Amy Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 6:31pm
Hi Alana,

It's a good idea for the first time to go somewhere like a park etc where you can walk around for a while and if she cries you won't get the looks etc. You will need the usual sleep cues ie sleeping bag, blankets and comforter and try a snooze shade I use one with my baby to say its sleep time. You might need to walk around for half an hour and she might only sleep one cycle (some babies are like that) but you probably already know, at that age they can get buy with just that and a bigger sleep later. Be prepared to keep walking around and around the whole scheduled sleep time. If she chooses not to sleep, she will be very tired and next time will know she needs to sleep.

Be sure to praise lots when she wakes from her sleep in the pram, and next time follow the same routine etc.

It's important she does learn to do it, as sometimes it's unavoidable to sled anywhere else than the pram.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on!

Amy
Amy Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 6:33pm
Oh one more thing sorry, be sure to say what you usually do ie. time for bed etc so she knows its coming in advance as you are getting her ready. If she cries a lot check she is not too hot as its easy to do that in the pram with blankets, snooze shade etc you may need very little blankets.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image