ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Save Our Sleep® ® ® mattress -what cot fits it the b

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JKZ View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Our Sleep® ® ® mattress -what cot fits it the b
    Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 9:42pm
Hi.

I live in the country so buying a second cot is a bit harder!

I want one that Tizzie's mattress fits well.

Any recommendations from those using the matress about which cot u use?

Thanks,

Kat :)

I've noticed Save Our Sleep® ® mattress is 690 wide and most cots are 750mm or 690mm wide. Would a cot 750 wide be too wide for a Save Our Sleep® ® matress? Looking to replace my daughters cot mattress too. I'm sold on the mattress, nothing like trying to fit a cot to the mattress lol.
Abbie&Rylensmum View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbie&Rylensmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
The mattress is actually made for the touchwood range of cots. I would be looking for a cot that is the correct width for the mattress as you don't want it to have any gaps on the sides. You may need to ring and confirm before purchase if they are measuring the width in side the cot or outside as this could make a difference and perhaps confirm with them the mattress you have that you want to fit safely in the cot.
Take Care,

Kirstie, Abbie & Rylen XXX

JKZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 4:08pm
Thanks, yes hubby and I agreed a 3cm each side could potentially be 6cm on one side if the mattress moved over which is too much.

Touch wood cots primarily have the panel ends which I don't like as there is less airflow.

Guess we'll have to plan a trip to Perth.

Thanks, Kat :)
Abbie&Rylensmum View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbie&Rylensmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:19pm
Hi Kat:

You can usually choose in most of the ranges of touchwood cot either a full or pannelled end - see example - http://www.touchwoodcots.co.nz/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=8&PHPSESSID=g0kd7mh0r6ur32lkf6ggcvikq0

You might be best to ring some stores first though if this is the way you want to go and make sure they stock both styles as slats all the way around is important :-)
Take Care,

Kirstie, Abbie & Rylen XXX

Guests View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:16pm
I'm going to have to look at some. The measurements for these cots is 780 wide...

Too hard online will hit a few baby shops next month with a tape measure!

Thanks, Kat :)
Hannah View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:39pm
You can find lots of detailed baby mattress reviews on this blog:  http://www.best-pack-n-play.com/ - https://www.best-pack-n-play.com/

I completely agree with you that choosing a crib mattress can be confusing. I hope my recommendation will help you to make the right choice. 

I think that crib mattresses should have a vinyl or polyethylene surface to make them waterproof and resist mold, or otherwise be sure to use a waterproof cover.

Hannah View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:41pm
You can find lots of detailed baby mattress reviews http://www.best-pack-n-play.com/ - on this blog.

I completely agree with you that choosing a crib mattress can be confusing. I hope my recommendation will help you to make the right choice. 

I think that crib mattresses should have a vinyl or polyethylene surface to make them waterproof and resist mold, or otherwise be sure to use a waterproof cover.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image