ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting Solids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mchauvin View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchauvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting Solids
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:43pm
Hi I have today started my 29 week old DD on rice cereal. Just wondering how much I should offer over the next 3 days. She had a couple of licks of the sppon today and I made it quite runny with formula.

Thanks

UPDATE - 

Sorry that was meant to say my 19 week old!

MC
Kate H View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:12pm
Hi MC :)

At this stage I would just make up the one serve as Tizzie describes in the baby book - one tsp of baby rice mixed with warm EBM or formula. If she eats all of this and is really looking like wanting more you could offer a small amount more, but we do want to start slowly in the first few days so I wouldn't give too much more than that. After 3 days of having a new food then you can start to feed until full with that food and move on to having a small serve of the next food you are trying as per the advice in the feeding book or baby book.

Making it really runny at first is good and it will encourage her to swallow it and get the hang of what she is supposed to do. As she gets better at having it in her mouth and swallowing etc then you can start to thicken it slightly over a few days.

Hope that help :)

Kate xx
mchauvin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchauvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:57am
Hi Kate - Offered another teasppon yesterday and she gladly gulped it all. I will do the same again today and introduce the apple puree tomorrow!

Thanks Martine
MC
Kate H View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:35am
Hi Martine :) Thats great that she is really enjoying it :) Well done :)
Kate xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic