ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tizzie Hall created Baby Comforters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sumaya View Drop Down
SOS Gold Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 3:32pm
oh Unhappy

and i cant even say "maybe next time" LOL Tongue

NikaP View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 3:00pm
Hi Tizzie

Was just wondering - if your boys use more than one comforter (Seamus sleeps with 4 frogs) when you do sleeps in the pram or car do you take them all? Yesterday Seamus had so many frogs in the car we couldn't see his face in the mirror but I guess this is how he always sleeps....and when he is the pram everyone comments on how silly he looks with all his frogs - they take up almost the whole pram!

Should I just give him a couple? But I think he has a couple of favourites that he manages to undo the knots on the legs with but I cant quite tell.....

Jannika xo
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 12:58pm

Hi Jannika:

Thank you for your question yes my boys sleep with twins two comforters each this is because I have found if they have one it often gets lost in the night so giving them two means they find one more easily.

I would never recommend giving more than 2 because as your little one gets older they might demand all four every night and if for example they suck the feet you may have to wash them once or twice a week which might mean you need 16 of them to rotate. Also imagine going on a flight and having to take all 4. On flights my boys know they are only allowed one but not all parents are as strong in setting boundaries as I am, nor travel as often as we do so setting boundaries around travel is harder for some parents.

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:18pm
Tizzie - i see you're off to paris LOL 

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 10:58pm
Yes Paris here we come!! I just couldn't live with myself if Cadel won and Nathan wasn't there but also if he dosn't win Nathan needs to be there to show Cadel we still love him win or second or nothing.
Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:23am
Im very envious!!

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 10:53am

Hi Girls:

Below is from my new food and feeding book, but please note I still say 5 years for whole nuts.

Allergy experts now agree that early introduction to foods may play a part in reducing the risk of food allergies, which is a 180 degree turn-around from a few years ago when the recommendation was to delay the introduction of risky foods such as eggs. Many now recommend parents introduce these foods before one year, unless there is a strong family history of allergy, in which case you will need to discuss this with your baby’s GP or paediatrician. In some cases babies with a strong family history of allergy — for example, the mother is allergic to egg — need to try high-allergy foods within a hospital setting in case they have a reaction.  While I agree babies need to be introduced to a wide variety of foods before the age of one, there are some foods I recommend you delay because I have found a high association between them and unsettled behaviour in babies and toddlers.

Sources: Australiasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy: http://www.allergy.org.au/aer/infobulletins/food_allergy.htm Friendly Food by Allergy Experts at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Unit.

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

NikaP View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:01am
Hi Tizzie

Thanks for the advice about comforters! Need to cut down on them....

Did you mean the allergy advice for another thread?

Jannika xo
Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 5:28pm
I may be able to get a Tizzie comforter!!

The other night we were out and i forgot Ailins "taggie" I put him down to sleep at 7 in his capsule and he fell asleep with his spew rag!! It smells like me and milk. Not a single whinge out of him or anything. SO, maybe he isnt as attached to taggie as i thought?? I think as long as he has something he can nuzzle his face into?? What do you think Tizzie?? or anyone??

Tizzie - Paris would of been AMAZING. Good on Cadel for finally winning the Tour. What an awesome effort!!!

NikaP View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:55pm
If you already have one it might be worth a try????

Jannika xo
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 11:27pm
Oh sorry posted that in the wrong place. I hope I also posted it in the correct place?
PS. Paris was amazing!
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 11:47pm

Hi Sumaya:

I think this is great news one step closer to Tizzie ones. You will just need to cover the comforter in milk and spew!!

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

Nikita View Drop Down
Save Our Sleep Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:34pm
What does everyone mean by silky tags? Is this the 1" tag with washing instructions? I've been meaning to ask if people keep these on or cut them off. I've just noticed it's starting to wear on Tameka's, think she must play with it. I'm afraid she'll wear the tag out before Lambie's worn and have been considering chopping it off and just pasting it on the inside of Tameka's (well used) diary (so when I have to wash them I remember how to)

Also Sumaya, if it helps I changed Tameka's comforter without any dramas when she was 16wks. Previously I'd been using another type which was given to me but it had a small rattle in it's head. It's wasn't a loud rattle nor did it rattle often so I didn't think it wold cause sleep problems ie sleep aid (YET!!) however I was concerned it may be a choking hazard if it ever came out plus the fact that I only had one and didn't know if it'd be available when I did find more forever.
I bought three of Tizzie's Lambs and fiqured that if it didn't work, if she didn't take to them, I could always sell them in the trading room. After washing and spending the day in my top, plus squirting on some milk straight from my breast she took to it immediately. I had placed the new comforter on one side and her old one on the other side of her when tucking her in at 7pm and immedidately she snuggled into Tizzie's. That was all I needed as confirmation...the old one was taken out immediatley and has never been seen again. She is now 24wks and adores Lambie (or baa or white...whatever she choses to call it) I recommend you get some and try it out, the sooner the better.

Goodluck Kita
Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm
Thanks Nikita

Just ordered/bought a dizzy dog comforter today....fingers crossed Ailin takes to it. Worried now about the ribbons on his taggie coming off. A couple have started fraying a little. 

Nikita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:48pm
That's awesome Sumaya, I'm sure he will love his Dizzie. Be sure to let me know how he goes. What ages are your children? (if you don't mind me asking) Ailin has chubby cheeks like Tameka, just precious!!
Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:08pm
I hope he likes it. Im excited now. Got my "your purchase has been dispatched" email this morning. 

Ailin was born on the 3/3/11 so only a week and a bit older than Tameka and Finn is 4 and a half years old. My sig needs updating. Ailin is only 8-9 weeks old in it.

Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 2:49pm
got my dizzie dog today! He's in the wash and going to spend some time down my shirt ready for tomorrow

NikaP View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:53pm
hehe I just pictured you walking around with a dog poking out of your top all day  LOL

hope Ailin likes it as much as Seamus loves his frogs!

Jannika xo
Nikita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:49pm
Hurrah!! I think you should snuggle with Dizzie tonight, that would be super cute!! Just don't get to attached!
Wow that was fast!! <48hrs to WA, gotta love the shippping, so much better than AP.
Gotta admit, every time I see a star express truck my heart skips a beat & I have to think if I've ordered something and whether there will be something in there for me!!!

Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:22pm
Jannika - i did have it poking out of my top all arvo. Finn thought it was hilarious and Ailin twiddled it whenever i was holding him. I kinda forgot about him in the end. 

Nikita - hahahaha...if it wasnt for hubby flying back in tonight i may have become very attached to my new blue companion

Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:26pm
Well "puppy" arrived and Ailin has taken to him!! Phew!!

As long as he has something to nuzzle his face into at bed time he doenst mind. I still have on of his old comforters in there until i can buy a second puppy

Here are a couple of photos of ailin getting acquainted with his new friend :)

Nikita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:34pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

That's fantastic news, I've been wondering how you got on and if Ailin would fall in love, hard for them not to though! Thank you for the photos, it does looks like he loves puppy. LOL and sucking the feet already!!

Tameka's are already so feral...I now have lambs 5 in rotation (two in bed at one time, one in the wash/drying and two ready to go) everytime I do a wash of clothes for her I put a lamb in with it and give her the next in line... I never want them to wear out before she has finished with them.
Did you cut the Save Our Sleep® ® washing inst tag off?? I'm still not sure if I should or not. What do other people do?
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 4:26pm

Hi Sumaya:

I love the photos he looks so in love, would it be possible for us to use these photos in the store? He is such a cutie. If so could you send them to us at info@saveoursleep.com

Le gach dea-ghui, Tizzie

Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 12:27pm
Ive cut mine off. Ailin has a thing for tags on toys and clothes so i dont want him attaching to the tag instead of the actual comforter. 

I just snapped this pic of ailin asleep with puppy

Nikita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:41pm
Awww melts my heart! He's just beautiful Sumaya. I could look at sleeping babies forever, luckily with Save Our Sleep® ® I often have the opportunity;) Waking her is always fun too, so many happy smiles :)

Thanks, I'll cut them off, I just hope it's not too late...then again, you did just completely change comforters over!!

Tizzie: what a fab idea, they will look great in the online store! & such professional looking photos Sumaya. Are you a photographer or just have a snazzy camera?? 
NikaP View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:42pm
OMG such cute photos! He looks so in love!!!!

Such lovely comforters. I love seeing other babies love them like Seamus does. Thank you Tizzie.

Jannika xo
Sumaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:03am
Nikita - no photographer here or snazzy camera. I took all the photos on my iphone. The black and white one i edited with a $5.50 app!!

When hubby is home i often have to fight him to wake ailin or get him up. We both love doing it because we love all the happy smiles.

jannika - as soon as his hands are out of the swaddle he goes for puppy and when he is put down for a sleep he arches and looks around for it too. 

~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:12pm
I wish CilliGan's puppies looked that clean.
Swano View Drop Down
SOS Coach
SOS Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 4:06pm
Maybe you need to buy some more Tizzie!  
I have heard there is this great website that sells them.  I am sure if you mention who you are you might get them cheap!!!!!

abbey View Drop Down
Not A Member Yet?
Not A Member Yet?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 8:15pm
what is the difference between your comforters and cuskis? I want to buy some for my son as at the moment he is going through a stage of waking me up just to hug my arm (usually sleeps 12hrs) and has started this since I have returned to work. As he just sleeps with sleeping bags (hates being tucked in) I am so paranoid about giving him a comforter and want to make a good decision. I love the look of your comforters and all the posts above everyone and their bubs seem to love them too!
~Kate~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kate~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 11:56am
Hi Abbey :

Thank you for your post. Tizzie has put extensive research into the comforters that she recommends to her family, friends and clients. This includes ensuring that they are breathable, that the fur is safe and not loose, that the filling is safe, and that the size of the comforter is safe, among other things. If you are using a comforter other than those specifically recommended by Tizzie, we cannot guarantee it’s safety (the range of comforters Tizzie recommends can be seen here - http://shop.saveoursleep.com.au/category/1175/ ).

What I can do is give you some information about Tizzie’s comforters and then you will have to decide if you are happy to use them. 

The Save Our Sleep® ® comforters are made from a high quality, asthma friendly, polyester fabric. We tried various cottons but they just didn’t last, most only lasted a year or two and the current ones last 7 years.

All of Tizzie's comforters have been Australian Standards tested as safe for use from newborn. However, Tizzie recommends that if your baby is less than 6 months of age you should only use a comforter in the cot or crib if your baby is fully swaddled (wrapped). Tizzie recommends swaddling until your baby shows signs of being able to roll while swaddled, which is generally 10-12 months. If your baby is NOT swaddled then Tizzie recommends you should not introduce the comforter until 6 months of age.

The reason Tizzie says not to use the comforters with a baby less than six months of age, who is not swaddled, is because the baby can pull the comforter over his or her face and get a fright. It is not a suffocation risk as the comforters are breathable. Please note that this comment relates specifically to the comforters recommended in the online store. We cannot guarantee the safety of other brands of comforters. For some advice on selecting a safe comforter you can read this link - http://www.saveoursleep.com/free-reading/baby-comforters-comfort-baby-joy-parents/ .

What you are describing sounds to me like your son may not be warm enough to sleep well. Tizzie’s Safe Bedding Guide has tips on how to tell if your baby is too cold or hot cold, and has detailed advice on exactly what Tizzie recommends a baby should be dressed in and what bedding he should have. Tizzie believes that all babies need bedding to sleep well, and she recommends cocooning the layers rather than tucking them in. This is all explained in detail for you in the bedding guide. Here is a link to where you can download a free copy - http://www.saveoursleep.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/save-our-sleep-article-safe-bedding-guide.pdf .  

If you have any further questions about products please email info@saveoursleep.com and one of the ladies from the Online Store will be able to advise you. If you feel that you need advice with your child's sleep then we would encourage you to become a member of this Online Advice area (http://https://shop.saveoursleep.com.au/category/475/) so that our wonderful coaches can work through things with you in detail, as this area is not an area where we can answer questions about your baby and give you any guidance with sleep troubles.

Kind Regards,
Kate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image