ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sudocrem® Healing Cream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Kay~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Kay~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sudocrem® Healing Cream
    Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 12:00am

Sudocrem® Healing Cream

Sudocrem®%20Healing%20Cream
Sudocrem Healing Cream is a zinc based cream used for preventing and relieving the symptoms of Nappy Rash, Pressure sores, Incontinenence Dermatitis and Eczema and Minor Skin Irritations.

What is Nappy Rash?

Mild nappy rash appears as a generalised reddened area or small red dots on the skin, and is generally confined to the nappy area.

The extent and appearance of nappy rash can vary greatly.

The burning and itching sensation of nappy rash can cause your baby to be uncomfortable, irritable and restless.

What Causes Nappy Rash?

Even the best cared for babies may experience nappy rash.

Your baby's tender skin is delicate and can be irritated by:

• Ammonia produced by bacteria in stools reacting with urine, which then irritates and burns the skin.
  • Wet / soiled nappies that are not changed straight away (for example when asleep).
  • Humidity caused by hot weather and pilchers (plastic pants) that can encourage the growth of bacteria.
  • Loose bowel motions caused by a change in diet, vaccinations or when your baby is ill or teething.
  • Chemicals in washing detergents and soaps that are not rinsed out properly.
  • Alcohol and chemicals in some baby wipes, lotions and oils.
  • Soaps used at bath time that can wash away natural oils that protect your baby's skin.

How do I manage Nappy Rash?

Sudocrem® Healing Cream soothes and heals the inflamed area while protecting your baby's delicate skin from irritants.

Directions for use

• Clean and dry the affected area
  • Apply a thin, even layer of Sudocrem® Healing Cream
  • Use at every nappy change to assist in the management of nappy rash
  • Use only as directed
  • If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.

How do I protect against Nappy Rash?

Protecting your baby's skin from coming into contact with irritants is the best prevention.

• At each nappy change apply Sudocrem® Healing Cream to clean, dry skin on your baby's nappy area. This forms a protective barrier for your baby's delicate skin.
  • Change nappies as soon as they become wet / soiled.
  • Clean the nappy area at every change, drying the skin with a gentle patting motion.
  • Avoid using pilchers (plastic pants).
  • Wash nappies in hot water using a mild soap. Thoroughly rinse out soap and dry outside in fresh air whenever possible.
  • Use a mild soap sparingly when you bath your baby.
  • Whenever possible, leave your baby's bottom exposed to the air - after bath time is ideal.

Available in -

• 60gm tub
  • 125gm tub

Click Here to view Sudocrem Healing Cream in the Save Our Sleep® online store.

Rose79 View Drop Down
Read Only Subscriber
Read Only Subscriber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 12:39am
I love this barrier cream I swear by it. I apply it at EVERY nappy change since Indianna was a newborn baby and she has NEVER ever had nappy rash!!!!

harry06 View Drop Down
SOS Gold Online Advice Member
SOS Gold Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 1:15am
SUdocrem is the best, I stock up when its on special, dont buy anything else !!!  5 yrs and only one episode of nappy rash for both boys !! LOL

Edited by harry06 - 26 Mar 2008 at 1:15am
Please go to the online store if you would like a Signature created, Sash xxx
Bea View Drop Down
SOS Bronze Online Advice Member
SOS Bronze Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 7:57pm
This stuff is the only thing I would use on sore bums now. My first daughter had horrible rash in the first couple of weeks of her life and I tried lots of things but this was the product that helped the quickest - there was improvement literally in a couple of hours. It really seems to form a protective barrier for the skin against poos and wees. My second daughter has had no trouble with nappy rash and I put it down to the fact that at the first sign of redness out comes the sudocream. I wouldn't recommend any other product.
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:42am

Okay do not try this at home!! The other day I had a sore ear Nathan thought I was getting an ear infection but it was a pimple in my ear? I kept telling him it was a really sore spot and not an infection. Well he came home for lunch and said how is your ear have you made an appointment for the GP yet ? I said no it’s fine now I put Sudocrem in it.” He said you’d eat that stuff and I said I know and he said promise me if Darragh ever gets sick you won’t try and feed him that stuff!!

2cuteboys View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cuteboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:11pm
Tizzie, I absolutely love this stuff for Jacks bum.  Recently his bum was so red it started to bleed a little and after one application of Sudocream there was nothing to be seen.  I also work in a wound clinic and we use it by the bucket on people with leg ulcers and other skin problems.  It is fabulous.  Haven't used it in my ear or anywhere else but I will certainly keep it in mind....mmmh the dog has a sore on his head...I wonder...

Shan
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 7:26am
I bet it would work on the dog!! %3congue
krisne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 6:47pm
I love this product.
My eldest when he was 16months old decided to climb out of the cot and plaster it all over his hair, face and the carpet. Then he ate what was left in the tub.

We got pic's to put up at his 21st
It is funny now but not at the time. %3cO%3c

Kris
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 6:26am

LOL Krisne:

Nathan always says I would eat Sudocrem if I had a sore tummy. I don’t think there is a child in Ireland that hasn’t eaten sudocrem.

I would love to see the photo!

Glad to hear you love Sudocrem so much!

krisne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 6:28am
I will dig it out and scan it for you.  the look on his face when i bring him down stairs is priceless...I guess mine is too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image