ShopCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No luck with new wrap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skitty83 View Drop Down
SOS Silver Online Advice Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No luck with new wrap
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 8:01am
%3cry

Hi Tizzie.

I have been having trouble keeping my 5mo LO Liana in her wrap. In my birth group (May 2008 babies), you recommended I try the double wrap from your store. Iv'e been using it for 3 nights now with no real luck. She didn't escape the first night which was great but last night she was out at her DF so re-wraped then she was out again when I went to get her at 7am (had been awake for awhile, ER an issue). She doesn't escape during her day sleeps (not enough time on her hands to figure it out??)
So far tonight she was out when I went in to give her the DF so wrapped again.

Any ideas? Should I drop the wrap cold turkey or try something else? She wakes a lot during the night but usually chats and has a little squeal then resettles. Takes a lot longer once out of her wrap as she finds she has hands to play with! lol. She is also moving a lot around her cot when unwrapped. The other morning she was out of her wrap, out from under her blankets, up the other end of the cott facing the wrong way, wide awake on her tummy!!

Thanks again for your great book, it saved my life....(and hers! %3cO%3c)

Cath x
skitty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 5:44pm
She was out of it again this morning at 7am. Don't know how long she had been awake. Have no idea how she got out seeing as she was wrapped that tight I'm suprised she could breath!
skitty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:12pm
Okay.... now she is escaping during her day sleeps!!! Clever little thing!! %3cO%3c
skitty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 6:13pm
I tried wrapping following the alternate wrap guide lines (wrapping arms then under body with top wrap going over body). She still managed to get one arm half out and woke 4 times during the night! %3confused
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 7:03am
Hi There:

I am sorry you are having troubles wrapping. You need to pull both layers as firmly as you can to keep your baby wrapped. I would go back the traditional style of wrapping and pull the wrap very firmly and see how you go. Your little one could be cold which is why she is wriggling around so perhaps try some more blankets as well. Good Luck.
skitty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 6:14pm
Hi Tizzie

Thanks heaps for the reply. I kept up the alternative wrapping (very firmly) while waiting for your reply and she hasn't gotten out for 4 night! Yay! I'm pretty sure she isn't cold, her room is about 24 degrees and she had around 6 cotton blankets, depending on the weather.

Thanks again for the advice. I'm now in love with the double wrap %3cig%20smile

Cath x
~Tizzie~ View Drop Down
Moderator and Admin
Moderator and Admin
Tizzie Hall Save Our Sleep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tizzie~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 6:23am
Hi Cath:

That is great news - I have not ever found anyone who doesn't like the wrap so I am glad you have it working well for you now. Keep up the great parenting!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image